Re: Harp Tuners

vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Do they make a good tuner for under $75 that I can use to tune harps with?
 I'm looking for something to tune a few of my Lee Oskars to "Just". Does
 anyone have a clue? I know of the strobe tuners but they cost a few more
 cents than I plan on paying.... Anyone? >>
it's not under $75 (more like $80), but the boss tu-12h is a good choice.
make sure you get the "h" model, as this accepts the higher notes a harp will
produce.  i made this mistake, and now i have a regular tu-12 that i carry to
rehearsals and gigs, in case someone's cheapy tuner doesn't work.
that lead me to buy the seiko st-1100 tuner.  can't recall the price, and
it's not currently in the musician's friend catalog i have sitting here.  of
course, i don't think it was in the catalog when i bought it from them,
either.  anyway, it costs about the same as the tu-12, and i actually like it
better

steven j gatorman