Re: dedication and sacrifice

Tim Moyer wrote:

>So, then, I guess the question is *what* are you willing to
>sacrifice, or *how much* are you willing to sacrifice.  If my time
>was as cheap now as it was when I was 14 and learning to play the
>harp, or even 10 years ago before I was married and had children, I'd
>have no problem "sacrificing" it to advance my playing.  As it is,
>every minute I get to play is stolen from my family.  It makes them
>more rare, but also more precious.

Sing it brother.  When you're 10 you have less to give up.  When you
have a family, the sacrifice would have to be as much theirs as yours,
and that's something I'm not willing to ask of my 2 year old and my 4
year old.  I know to "get good", will require a serious time committment
that I cant provide right now.  I'm willing to give up TV and other
hobbies, but even that's not enough.  Everyone I know personally who is
"good" at any instrument played before they had the kind of
responsibility that comes with maturity.

Roy G