The Disc UPDATE Dec 14, 2003 (long)

As many of you who follow these lists know, we're compiling a CD of
contributions from Harmonica Players throughout the online community.
As this is the first time I've ever undertaken a project like this,
the process is evolving. Even if you've read previous posts, please
read this one - some "rule changes" are being applied.

FIRST of all: Please direct your comments / input on "The Disc"
directly to Scorcher [OFFLIST]. Let's watch the bandwidth.

SECOND: DO NOT EMAIL YOUR SUBMISSION. WE WILL DELETE IT. We won't open
it, we won't listen to it.
After the New Year, we will post a 'snail-mail' address for sending
your submission to.

THIRD: Read these updates for information about "The Disc". We will
post frequently through ship time.

New developments:
We now have contribution pledges from members of "The Big 4" lists,
(Harp Talk, Harp-L, Harp-On! and Slidemeister).

We've decided to create an HTML "index" on the disk. This will give us
the ability to include a "clickable" index AND to links to your
WEBSITES!

In addition to the MP3's We've also decided to include a page of LINKS
on the disc (other than contributors, that is!). We already have an
extensive collection of links (counting all the SPAH, NHL, Harp-L,
etc. links), but will consider any you suggest. You don't have to be a
contributor to suggest links, BUT our "Executive Committee" will
review ALL link submissions for content, so please send only
Harmonica-Related links.

Here's what we propose to do:

Musical Genre: ANY, as long as Harmonica is a featured instrument. (In
fact the more variety, the better!)
However, although we will not edit any submitted music, the "Executive
Committee" reserves the right to choose not to accept any submission
for any reason the Committee finds sufficient.

Copyright Disclaimer: (Although this statement probably doesn't let us
off the hook), it is YOUR responsibility to ensure that your
submission does not infringe upon ANY applicable copyrights. This Disc
is for "educational purposes" only, and is not to be sold for a
profit. It is understood that the contributors and compilers of this
disc make no claims for royalties, and seek no renumeration,
compensation or other consideration in participating in this project.
THIS IS STRICTLY A NOT-FOR-PROFIT VENTURE.

Submission Format: MP3. Only. We shouldn't have to justify this, but
here goes: there are just too many other issues to deal with on a
compilation of this sort. We've decided to minimise our time on this
portion of the project (i.e. format conversion) in order to focus on
the other important administrative issues of compilation, packaging &
shipping.

International Submissions & Purchases: We haven't worked out the
details of international shipping yet. We will establish a "domestic"
(USA) price including freight. THIS PRICE WILL ONLY COVER MATERIALS
AND FREIGHT. We anticipate it will be approximately $5.00 USD

International shipments will either be via secondary (local)
distribution, or be priced with additional shipping charges.
We welcome participation of list members in UK, NZ, EU, Asia and
eleswhere who would be willing to "re-distribute" discs.

Time Table: Submissions will be accepted after the New Year for about
30 days. (Closing about Jan 31-Feb 20)
Once compilation begins (all submissions received), Pre-Payment for
Discs will be solicited. (From Feb 20-Mar 31st?)
Approx 1 month after Contribution Acceptance has ended, Discs will be
shipped.
We anticipate this project will be completed by April 15th AT THE
LATEST. -We'd very much like to complete the project a month earlier
than that.

That's all for now....
- -Scorcher