Re: 19th Century Harmonica Players

Winslow............Whoa!  What a find.  I just went and listened to the
three Joseph Lalonde cuts at the website of the National Library of
Canada.  The texture, the syncopation, the speed of Lalonde's playing is
unbelievable.  It gave me images of a barnyard violin.  Very
'old-timey,' of course, what else could it be.  It was 19th century
music.    I hope someone takes up your challenge to expore, compare,
document these players, as rare as they may be.

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt
www.parkhousejam.com