Re: rp200 digitech

Anyone looking for a Digitech RP 200 I  have one I'm going to list on e-bay
.. Contact me off this list for details...Jerl Welch

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Crowley" <Mark.Crowley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2003 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: rp200 digitech

> hi mike,
>
> thanks for that.
>
> I got the 200 version and the "rhythm trainer" is indeed a shocker - thats
no real skin off my nose as its not really what i got the thing for anyway -
if it had something better it would have been much nicer but a lot more to
pay for i guess.

> I spent about two days playing with it - hooked it up to a small pair of
logtitech comp - spkrs - the one with the big ugly woofer box and plugged in
a guitar to see how it sounds what it was really made for.

> I know six blues riffs (ok five and a half) on a guitar and i played them
all about 80 times each ... for guitar this had some amazing settings
preset - though a lot were in the stadium rock category and budding young
Eddie van Halens.

> That fun over I fooled around with some of Richard Hunter's settings thru
my sm57 - still into the computer spkrs.

> I dropped off the effects Richard used for the 'Taj Mahal' type setting
and turned it to a basic blackface amp.

> This was sounding good and I was happy with what might be 'possibly'
coming out of a pa - or into a recording mixer.

> After some days talking, surfing, emailing, most of the opinion was that
to put this thru an amp - and have my own control onstage - I should be
looking at something that seeks to play things 'clean'like a big keybrd
amp - not tubes. I believe Richard also recommends the same.

> As luck had it I came across a 2nd hand pommy Torque t100k - 100 watts.
>
> Apparently there is a 120 watt Behringer that would have been a lot
nicer - lots more features - but i was already down to eating 2 min noodles
for the next month

> I got the SM57 going straight to the Torque -via an XLR convertor - then
to the RP200 via an FX loop.

> The Torque has 4 channels and each one has two inputs -low and high
sensitivity.

> The SM57 seems to be working fine through the High sensitivity input and
easily shakes the windows when required.

> The next thing is to find some nice settings that will make my shaker
madcat put out some more oomph than what it originally gives.

> richard, (if your there) have you tried a bullet thru this thing or would
you advise keeping with the vocal mic?