Re: Musselwhite concert review - LONG

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "James Thurgood" <thurgood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l-digest" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 10:45 PM
Subject: Musselwhite concert review - LONG

Hi,
Nice review, James! In about the last 10-15 years Charlie has been playing
much more guitar, and personally, I actually love his country blues guitar
playing more than his harp playing. I've never seen him play guitar witch
racked harp at all. I remember reading an old interview many years ago on
Arhoolie Records little magazine that label owner Chris Strachwitz had done
with him, and Charlie had learned guitar as well as harp from guys like a
Will Shade and Big Joe Williams, and it was when he got to Chicago, he
switched back to playing harmonica because there was much less xompetition
on harmonica than on guitar.

James, was that possibly Kirk Fletcher playing guitar by chance? If that's
who I'm thinking of, he's one helluva guitar player.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com