RE: (singin, jammin) Why not just call them "Guitar Jams"

>From what I've seen, ALL new instrumentalists are
guilty of playing too much!  I occasional play with a
guitarist plays one long solo, continuously throughout
every song, no matter what's happening.  It's
maddening, so we always tell him to turn it down "just
a little bit more".  He can't listen and play at the
same time, just like anyone else who is only
concentrating only on what they themselves are doing.