RE: (singin, jammin) Why not just call them "Guitar Jams"

I wrote:
> > The biggest fault of inexperienced harp players is
> that they play way too
> > much. They step all over the singer and all over the
> guitar solo. So just
> > sit back, until it's your turn to solo. Don't try to
> do the fills or comp
> > the guitar solo. Just find the groove listening to
> the bass and drums. When
> > it's your turn to solo, play your guts out for 24
> bars and then stop. Leave
> > 'em wanting more.
>
>Jp: but this sounds
> boring. if i'm on stage with a bunch of guys and i
> can't play a lick except in my solos, i'm gonna get
> peeved.

My comments were meant for those fairly new and inexperienced with jam
sessions. If you're good and experienced, you can do anything you want. But
from what I've seen, green harp players over-play, big time, and is one
reason guitarists and other musicians can act snotty towards harpers.

There's a lot of vocal instruction out there. I'm familiar with "Born to
Sing, The Vocal Power Method", by Elizabeth Howard and Howard Austin. It
think it's great. They cover many styles. Taking a few lessons from a vocal
instructor can be extremely helpful, assuming you get the right instructor.