Chromatic for bluesmen

 Hi all
 Let me ask 2 questions about blue on chromatic:

 regarding model: Hohner CX models are very expensive (counting that I wanna
 buy chromatic just to goof with it) so think its better for me to
 get Herring Special... Isn't it?

 regarding keys: I think about D chromatic (for 3rd position) but would you
 please tell me, if the keys of chromatic having the same meaning as
 diatonic? (eg i know that D is relatively high diatonic and G is relatively
 low one)

Alexei