Re: The Rift (was: Conventions)

Danny's right about the problem in Dallas.  It was too loud.  I couldn't
be in the room without hearing protection when many of the diatonic acts
were performing.  I've never personally experienced this rift.  To a
person every chromatic player I've had the chance to meet at a harmonica
gathering has been sharing and respectful.  I have nothing but respect
for the musicianship of guys like Frank Warner and Danny Wilson.  Maybe
I'm missing the subtext at these gatherings, I know I do wander in and
out of the performances.  My focus is on community not the acts.  fjm