Re: conventions

Regarding potential performers at SPAH, I recommend Clint Hoover, the
outstanding Minneapolis-based diatonic and chromatic multi-style player,
with or without his own band.  Hoover is a fine jazz composer, and he
may be the best jazz harmonica player in the world.  I mean it.  His
old-timey diatonic work with the trio The Sugar Kings is also brilliant,
and perhaps Clint could be encouraged to bring that crew along too.

I also highly recommend James Conway, whose recent CD of Irish music is
terrifically played and recorded.  Perhaps James could be induced to
host either or both of a seminar on Irish styles and an open Irish
seisun (is that how it's spelled?) with some of the players on his CD.

Could be fun.

Thanks, Richard Hunter