RE: speaker cab questions

Re: speaker cab questionsKC Mojo asks:
I am building a speaker cabinet to run a 50 watt amp into. Should it
be open or closed back? I intend on using 2 12's, and one separate 8"
for quieter situations. Does anyone have experience with Heppner
alnico speakers (from a Hammond 101 organ)?
kcmojoe

Phillipe Cabrit answers:
> i build an external  cab for my amp (a peavey classic 30)
> i use 4 jensen speakers (8"  c8r)
> the cab is closed back and front open (a simple 4" hole in the
middle)
> the sound is great and very directive (thats great to reduce
feedback)
> i use plywood to build the box

KC, I don't have any experience with the speakers you cited. You
should take into consideration that speakers are very much
"purpose-built" - they're "voiced" for the work they're going to do.
So speakers that are intended for Guitar, Organ, or Bass amplification
may not be appropriate for Harmonica.

Phillipe,
I'm very interested in the cabinet you made for your Peavey C-30, as I
have one of these amps. Did you use a blueprint for the cabinet?
(would you be willing to share it?) Also, I'm assuming you built /
modified the amp for Harmonica? What other mods did you make?
- -Scorcher