Help with harmonic minor tuned harps

I'm thinking of getting myself a harmonic minor tuned harp or two in order
to explore some of the local gypsy music here in Prague. I know the Lee
Oskar HM harps are labled in "straight harp," but should I select the harp
key based on the song key as I would with cross harp? In other words, do I
use a D harp for the key of A, a C harp for key of G, an E harp for the key
of B, etc.? Or is this stuff usually played straight harp only?
Also, anyone know which are the most commonly played keys in this type of
music? A buddy of mine works for a foundation that promotes Roma education
initiatives and he has access to a library of CDs, plus knows some Roma
musicians.
MN