Re: Fender Prosonic question

In a message dated 4/29/03 9:34:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jkally3@xxxxxxx
writes:

> Hi guys,
> As some of you know, I have too darn many amps already but that doesn't
> keep me from getting another, in  this case a  Fender Prosonic that I
> took in trade.  I know it has the cascading preamps on one side, which
> is usually a disaster for harp but it also has a regular side that
> supposedly gets a good blackface sound, and I don't own any amps with
> two 10s right now so I thought it might be worth a try. It's also
> seafoam green,  which certainly makes it unique among the pile of tweed
> and black tolex.   Anyone have any experience with these/good
> settings/preferred mic with it?  Thanks in advance.

The Prosonic is one of the worst tube amps fender made. I don't what genius
thought it would be a great idea to run two 10's with an amp with 60 watts?
All I can say is out front, that amp sounds the absolute worst. The two 10's
couple and "beam" very badly so that anyone in the front of that amp will be
cut in half.
Sell the Prosonic, find another amp; RI or Victoria Bassman can work, or
check out some of the old Ampeg amps (M-12's are quite nice, as well as some
old Jets too). There are much better amps than the Prosonic.

Andrew