Re: Fender ~DeVille~

In a message dated 4/27/03 8:11:43 AM, rockcages@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<<If the front of the amp [VERY heavy, all tube, not RI]
says, ~Fender DeVille~, is it a ~Blues DeVille~ or a
~Hot Rod DeVille~??? Can one tell?

I'm offered one for 600 bucks, and I like it's sound
but I can't get back to the shop this weekend to get
more info [and can only see ~DeVille~ through the
window] :->. Is this the one our amp-gods always say
is a little too ~clean~ for many harp tastes? Was this
built so guitar players could have a Bassman [if you
know what I mean]?

Thanks,
Robb>>

The fender blues deville was originally offered with
 tweed or white tolex. The hot rod deville has black
tolex. The early devilles said 'fender blues deville'
on the nameplate, and then it was shortened to 'fender deville'.
The deville and the hotrod have a few diiferent features(early devilles have
the controls facing backwards like a bassman). Some sound great, some sound
like mush because of the PC board.
HB