What about song writing?

Alright already.  We could name "great" songwriter's all day long.  We all have
our favorites, regardless of genre.  But what makes a great song writer great?
What are the critieria?  What moves a song from filler to "best song on the
album?"  Think of the component pieces of a song; lyrics, melody, rhythm,
delivery, solos, what else?  How does this all come together to make a great
song?  Is it all just divine inspiration?  How do great song writers approach
writing a song?  I realize this is straying somewhat from our intended topic,
the harmonica.  But it applies to harp songs just as well.  Has anybody in Harp-
L land actually written a song?  Tell us about your experience.  How did it
happen?

Best Regards to All

Larry Boy Pratt