Re: FP Review and others

> In a message dated 4/12/03 2:14:49 PM, leone@xxxxxxxx writes:
>No reason to get upset though. As WE are very passionate about the
>harmonica, we may be a little sensitive about it. Just consider the source

> Well.. I guess there are always things people write that can upset other
>people.... As in....   C. Music critics are "drones" who DON't have any
>expertise in the music world. Most of them aren't even musicians. Those
>that are, are "Never-wasis"

  You have my deepest appology. The word "Most" should have been inserted
between the C. and the word Music. The word "Most" would have precluded
boni-fide music personages, (such as you probably are). Since you are a
"Columnist"
this precludes you from the word "Critic".

   D. Sports critics are generally little "Pansy" types who WISH they could
have executed the "Play" they are criticizing.

  The word "Generally" precludes classing ALL sports critics. Since you are
a sports "Columnist", you are NOT included. My use of the word critic (in
THIS) context) was aimed at people who are CONSTANTLY CRITICAL and with
nothing to back it up.
  In THIS contxt you would NOT be included, since the shoe DOESN't fit.

  Example: I consider Howard Cosell to fit in MY context. My (personal)
opinion is of no consequence or value (in any case) and should be taken
with a grain of salt.

  Just thought I should point this out, since I am a former music
"columnist" and currently a sports columnist on a daily newspaper.... Oh,
and I do play a little music, though I wouldn't consider myself a real
musician...   and I played sports for years and stilll coach baseball and
softball.    I do hate to see such general and stereotypical statements
about my profession, though I would certainly agree with what Mr.
Bonofiglio says about critics of classical music. However, generalizing in
such a manner as above just continues to perpetuate sterotypes.

  Yes you're right (as usual). This whole episode was to prove that
a.  There are as many different opinions as there are people (6.ooo.ooo.ooo)
b.  One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
c.  ANYONE can make generalities about ANYTHING (AND, not necessarily be right)
d.  you get a passing grade. %^)....................smo-joe

 (and dat's the name of 'dat tune.)  Steve "Moandabluz" Webb still a fool
for the harp