Re: Unusual Amp. Mod question

>From: Howard Young <blues_harp68@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>One thing that hasn't been mentioned - - Make a sound baffle to go in front
>of the amp.

This is a great suggestion.

When my band rehearses in my basement, the lead guitarist and I lean scrap
pieces of 3/4 inch plywood against the front of our guitar amps. It
significant cuts down on the volume yet lets the amps be turned up enough to
get some nice tone without blasting the drummer and bass player.

A buddy of mine who tours a lot has a plywood box that goes over his
Marshall combo amp. There's a hole cut in the box in front of the speaker,
and he runs a mic from there to the PA. He can then turn up the amp to what
would have been ear-bleeding levels, yet mix it down through the PA for a
balanced sound with the rest of the band.

Jimbeau