Re: tube question

>Hey folks,
>My guitar player mentioned something about changing my tubes every coupla
>years

  Your guitar player friend is correct. BUT, lets think about that for a
moment.
IF you were to toss out the 4 ft florescent tubes you have in your work
light over your work bench, and replace them with new tubes...guess what,
the light will be brighter AND cleaner.

  The time transpiring between you making this switch will be such that you
MAY not notice the difference,

  If you were to step out of a 5 year old car and into a new one, you MAY
notice the difference, regardless of time lag. This is, of course, a HUGE
oversimplification, but makes the point that "ALMOST any newer equipment
will be cleaner/fresher than ALMOST any older equipment"..This doesn't say
it will be better, just cleaner/fresher (potentially)............smokey-joe
/ SPAH#1581

  I've had my amp for maybe 5 years, with the same tubes.  To my ears