Re: Merry Christmas

I was digging around about 8 years ago and found my old harmonica. It looked
like the fire (from our old house burned down) smoked it a little but it
actually played great. I remember playing with it while my daddy was playing
his acoustic guitar. I was possibly 5-6 at this time... Well about 15 years
after that I was unpacking right after I moved to Columbus Mississippi and
all be damned... there was my old harmonica from waaay back when I was knee
high.. I said "how the hell did this get here", put it in my mouth and
sounded just as bad as I youst to, lol... I never learned how to play
anything...
I actually started learning from that harp. After a few months I had
purchased over 35 Lee Oskars, a few amps and a set or two of Hohners. Proof
that I have the addiction. I fell in love w/ that old harp... Today I look
back at my $2 Cracker Barrel special, it has a small electrical wire holding
the covers on, a lot of wear from handling it and I wouldn't trade it for
anything. I think every reed is burned out...

Thanks for the story! Merry CHRISTmas

Vince Cheney

The Blues Site - http://thebluessite.com
The Blues & Harmonica Forum - http://thebluessite.com/community
Winemaker's World - http://winemakersworld.com
Diamond Buck's Personal Winery - http://winemakersworld.com/winery

- ---
This message guaranteed to be Virus Free!