Re: "Juke" was faked.

Obviously you people are mistaken... or perhaps
delusional, or both.

Little Walter is a popular fable, a Chicago Urban
Legend, if you will, made up by frustrated blues
harp players seeking out the elusive "tone" that
doesn't actually exist.

Little Walter is a shared fantasy that was invented
by Muddy Waters to enhance his mystique and musical
tonefulness. Although it is true that Muddy made a
few songs with what ~sounds~ like awesome amplified
harp being played, it was actually all done with a
very sophisticated comuter, developed in the studio
by Muddy's producer, Leonard Chess.

The unit, which took up the entire basement at
Chess studios, was called the Harmonica Analysis
Lineating-Loudness Wave (referred to in the studio
as HAL-LW, HAL, or simply LW). It was crucial in
initiating the elusive "tone" that has been sought
after ever since by frustrated harp players
everywhere.

But the computer decided to break out on his own
when it cut Juke. And I'm here to tell you
conclusively that it was a 3-6 octave split on
Juke, not a 6-9 split... I know because I am Little
Walter. ~Beep~

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M. (aka HAL-LW, model #3-6,6-9).

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens