Re: Harps and Commericals

I don't have the book with me to check this out but I believe that in
Kim Fields book "Harps, Harmonicas and Heavy Breathers" he talks briefly
about the abundance of harp work found in commercials etc being due
to a generation of people who where raised with the harp sound in the
60's coming of age and wanting to here it again everywhere...or something
like that.

The harp isn't just used to get your attention in commercials either.
Listen to the intro music of many TV shows. Harp, harp, harp.  I also
find that with the movement away from synthetic music (unplug me) in
the rock world, the harp is finding its way into alot tracks here also.
Maybe my ears just tune in better when they hear a harp.  Anyway I love
the sound of (most) harp music wherever it may be.

Will Maitland