Mic question

Okay, Hugh, FJM, and I think rkt, and anyone else who's listening.  Tell
me about this SM57.  I've used them to mic guitars, fiddles, dobros,
accordions--but not harps.  And that's been to get an undistorted sound.

It's low impedance, right?  So you use a $20 adaptor to run it through a
little tube guitar amp?  Or you don't use a little tube guitar amp, and
just go right into the P.A. system?  Or you "modify" it with wire cutters?

How do you use an SM57 in a realistic (not to plug Radio Shack)
application?

BTW, I've recently acquired a new/used bullet that I had had the chance
to use in the past, and it's KILL on my little Gibson "Skylark" tube
amp.  But I like to keep my options open, and like to have a back-up.

Also, why aren't more people testifying to the wonders of the JT-30?
I've never gotten to try one, but I've heard good things.  What's the
scoop?

One more question.  If I'm cupping this thing in my greasy hands, and
blowing into it all night, do I want to store it in a waterproof
container or hang it out to dry in the back yard?

Thanks, you folks are so smart!

	Steve