Re: Mic question.

> I'm distressed!  I dropped my JT 30 on the floor, only about a foot from
> where I was holding it.  It still works, but I'm wondering what the
> likelihood of having busted the crystal is, if it still works.

In my experience, a broken crystal element is easily discernable.  It will
often still work, but will definitely have a distorted sound.  Also,
output will be reduced.

> Anyone have any idea just how sturdy the crystal is?  The mic is only
> about a year old.

The JT-30 crystal element is mounted in rubber, and sure looks like a
pretty rugged setup.  Still, I wouldn't recommend using it for cracking
walnuts or other percussive applications.

 -- mike