RE: ALTERED TUNING DIATONICS

    Hi Danny,

    I'm sure you are also aware that Bernie Bray experimented with windsavers.
    I once  heard him (at a SPAH convention, mid-70's) play a flawless
    chromatic scale on a 5 hole Little Lady. After which he revealed that he
    had put windsavers on it.

    Was it Bernie or Stagg that put two harmonettas together? Talk about a
    nightmare harmonica project.

    Also - A thank you to whomever it was that posted a while back that Pete
    Pedersen has the 64 chromatic which Bernie converted to a bass. (I think
    he lowered each reed an octave by adding solder. Actually, I think he cut
    the reed plate and shifted it to the right and then added the low octave
    from another reed plate - thus he only had to retune the low octave).
    Anyway, I practically drove myself nuts trying to figure out how Pete got
    that low chugging rhythm on his recording of Rocky Top (Pete & Jim - Music
    And Memories). It sounded like a 64 at times but it was much too low - I
    couldn't duplicate it. When I read the post about Pete having the bass 64,
    it hit me ~BOING~ (my brain actually makes that sound whenever a thought
    hits me) so that's how he does it!

    -Jack