Re: Harps and Commericals

Rkt suggested reasons why the ad types like harps:
> . . . frequency . . .very similar to . . . the human voice. . . . And when
>the harp "moans", it has a certain appeal . . . . The timbre of the harp has
>mass appeal.  I believe it has an effect . . . on a sub-conscious level.  And
>Madison Avenue knows this.

OK, you finally dragged me into this one.  All interesting ideas, Rocket, but
maybe the reason is simpler (cruder?):  maybe its those cowboy movies, the
campfire, and the guy sitting  the tree with his hat slouched low.
against the tree doing the mouth-harp wah-wah.
I mean, the key words are folksy, grass-roots, the simple life, just-folks.
Its the instrument in the window at the five-and-dime that you can save your
candy money for, and carry home in your overalls pocket.  Maybe evokes a past
era, when, seen through the forgiving haze of history, things are simpler,
era, when, seen through the forgiving haze of history, things are simpler,
and so on and so on.....