dirt build-up on the reeds....

hi,

Does the build up of an oxide layer/dirt on the reeds dramatically affect
the tuning of a harp. If so how should they be cleaned - and how should
the reed be supported to get the pressure needed to remove all the gunk.

Another question, why is it after a few hours playing - and probably only
bending the reed less than 10 times - does the 10 blow reed go horribly
flat. It must be a quater tone down by now... Is it me or the harp.
I bought a new MS Special20 and the blow bends happen sooooooo easily,
but on the (Pro) harp in question you really have to force them out.

Hope you can help,

Paul