Re: ALTERED TUNING DIATONICS

At 03:08 AM 3/23/95 -0500, Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>[stuff about altered tunings BFB'ed (Bobbited For Bandwidth)]

I'm no good at dates, but my favourite Hohner altered tuning, which I think
Paskas did in the late 80's, is the Spanish tuning.  If I'm right, they ran
off about 500 and spread them around at the World Championships in ... 87?
Then they ran another batch a couple of years ago?

They also came out a couple of years ago with two new Spanish tunings, but
they aren't as much fun as the original.  As I understand it, they are all
experiments at achieving fully chromatic ranges requiring just draw bends.
The fun thing on these is that you can bend draws all the way from 1 to 10.

OK, not exactly the 50's, but it feels like a long time ago.  Remember
yuppies, power lunches, my people talking to your people and the first flip
phones?

Maybe someone better versed in history can supply the dates.

   -- hugh

P.S.  And of course there was Suzuki's ill fated effort to produce a valved
--
Hugh Messenger - VP and Systems Admin - Net Results Inc.
In mourning for the recent death of his Mac PowerBook.