Re: Harp Combs

At 10:05 PM 3/22/95, JOHN THADEN wrote:
>When I used to buy them they were interchangeable.  I know if no harp where
>different key models differ in comb dimensions.  Does anybody else?

Meisterklasses do. It's significant too. Can't put C plates on an Eb comb.
Reeds are too long and get stuck.

And, there's always the possibility that the Meisterklasse was designed
such that the size of the hole has some relation to the wavelength(s) of
the pitch generated by the reeds in that hole. Call it ballpark resonance.
:-)

Rkt