Valved harps

> A note about playing valved harps - use less wind than you do on a stock
> harp.  I'm so used to valves, I often forget that they're also wind
> savers.  But a couple days ago, I got a new B natural Oskar and was
> tooting on it "straight" before valving it.  I was amazed at how much wind
> it required compared to my valved harps!  Holy huff and puff, Batman :-)
>
> (And of course, once I valved it, I needed about half the wind it
> required "stock")

I am very interested in your recent comments, and detailed instructions, on
valved harps.  I would like to try valving one of my Lee Oscars.  When
you say that one can get windsavers from Hohner, where exactly do you
mean?  I would like to find a Canadian source, because it is less hassle
than dealing across the border.  I have the address of a place called
Wilson Music Services in New Market, Ontario, which seems to be the
authorized Hohner service centre for Canada.  Does anyone know if they will
supply windsavers?

I found your instructions interesting, but since I have never actually
seen a windsaver, I still have a little difficulty visualizing how they
fit onto the harp.  Would you mind answering a few more questions when I
actually get some windsavers and am trying to get started?

Thanks again for the interesting post.

Robert Neville
rneville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx