Bending blow notes

Hi!

I consider myself decently experienced harp player and play and sing
professionally, though still waiting for the major break-thru as a
well-known musician - real tough job here in Finland when you
play blues based stuff and sing in Finnish. I sure would like to
expand my playing arena beyond the borders, no doubt about that!!

I have never played a valved harp and I don't seem to get to bend,
for instance, blow notes on holes 1-6 with the harps I currently have
in my collection: Tombo Folk Blues, Tombo Major Boy, Lee Oskar, Tombo
Ultimo, Hohner Pro Harp, Hohner Blues Harp. Most of my collection
consists of Folk Blues and I like to play it alright. Could someone
tell me whether that really should be something one should be able to
do with the above harps and if so what is the right technique to
accomplish it. Or should I go after valved harps like Suzukis? I am
not a handyman myself so I think all the make-your-own-valved-harps
should be out of question.

I will be sending one track from my band to be !possibly! included in
the harp-list-tape. Whether anyone wants to listen to it I don't
know. But by this age (37) I have quit being overly shy about my
music and really want to share it with people who like to listen to
it.

Jyrki Tomminen (Bluesky Frank)
Bluesky Bluffs Corporation Unlimited