Re: "Can I try one of your harps?"

> "Hey, can I try one of those harps?"

I also plead wimpdom.  I keep a loaner on hand.

I keep a couple of cheap harps I don't particularly care for in my harp
bag (but not in my Hohner case with "my" harps.)

Did you know that it is actually illegal to let others play your harps?
It's against health laws.  And don't ask me which ones or anything like
that.  Just tell them "I have it on good authority that it is a violation
of health laws to loan harps".  (NEVER look a gift horse in the mouth,
especially if he wants to play your harp :-)

I also tell them I break them in "wierd" and if someone else play it, I
have to throw it away because it doesn't play "right" for me any more.

We might be able to make a few extra bucks on the job by carrying a box
of cheapies and selling them for $10 each :-)  I'm going to pick up a few
and see if this works.  (Hey - if we can sell cassettes - why not
instruments ;-)  (Of course, this _could_ backfire on you when you get
the whole audience tooting along with you, especially if your high
hearing is good :-)

 -- mike