Re: Rhythm & Blues harp

Dominic wrote:

>This afternoon I bought a Hohner Rhythm & Blues CI harmonica. It looks like
>a giant Golden Melody but has only 3 holes. You can play 6 different chords:
>1  2  3
>                                         BLOW  C  F  G7
>                                          DRAW  Bb Eb F7
>It's easy to get a decent and rhythmic sound but bending seems difficult.
>I am not quite sure if I bought myself a toy(no offense) or a 'real
>instrument'. I only paid 7$...second hand ?
>Is there anybody who can inform me about the possiblities, history,
>reputation, use... of this harmonica. Famous players?

>Dominic.

Hey Dominic, pack up that toy and send it to me.  I'll send you the $7 and $3
for your trouble.
All kiding aside- you've got an accompaniment harmonica there.  They're not
really intended for playing the lead or melody, but great for accompanying
your harmonica friends when there's no guitar player around.  I play lead in
a harmonica trio, bass, chord and lead.  When the chord player wants to play
lead on a song or two I can pick up that Rhythm and Blues harp and keep the
chord sound in the group with very little experience, knowledge or ability on
my part.

Good luck and have fun.  All kiding aside, if you want to get rid of it let
me know.

Bob Williams.