Seeking Advise As a New Player

Help...

If anyone can offer me some advise, I'm interested in taking up the harmonica
& I'm not certain where to begin.

I'm reading the harp-l archives to get a flavor of whats out there and so far
it's a little overwhelming.  I don't yet know, or can't find the difference
between a Diatonic or Chromatic harmonica.  Is one better to learn on than the
other ?  The best help I've found so far has been "Short Harp Tips" by Jack
Ely which I found on the wku gopher.

If someone can point me in a good direction to find what's what I'd be
appreciative.

Thanks for you time.

JKenny@xxxxxxxxxxx