Re: Ramsey & Crosscut Saw

	Oooooo....you guys are good.  I got two references to a post I
haven't even submitted yet!  Wow, psychic!  *8)
	On Jan. 7, 1995, Barry Schaede asked:  "Does any one out there
know anything about Pat Ramsey?.....played on Johnny Winters album White
Hot and Blue."
	Here's just the little background I know of:  Before his own group,
The Pat Ramsey Band, he was with Crosscut Saw.  That band was originally
formed in the late 70's by four guys who practiced on the west side of
Tallahassee at my sister's house in her large, empty, wood-floored front
room.  They were bass, two guitars and drums, with vocals and harp, heavy
on blues, stuff like, "Boogie Man", "I'm Ready", and "Same Old Blues"
(still LOVE to do that song).
	Ramsey worked into the group around 1978, I think, along with a 16
year old whizkid on guitar, Julien Kasper.  Things didn't always go along
smoothly, if you get my drift, and eventually all the original members
dropped out and new ones came in.  As I mentioned, my sister has been a
singer with the Saw (great!  I just called my sister a has-been.), off
and on before and after the changes.  I don't know if Ramsey's band cut
any albums; Crosscut Saw had only one, I'm pretty sure, called "Crosscut
Saw   Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Know."  That included, "Steppin'Out",
One's Too Many" and the piece I always associate with Ramsey, "Mud Bee".
But, back then (l979), a place in Tallahassee called "Tommy's" would
broadcast their show live on a local radio station, from which I taped
off the radio some stuff they never recorded.  I treasure that because my
sister did not sing on the LP they made, but was with them at Tommy's.
	BTW, Barry, you asked about Julian on guitar--he was featured in
Nov. 1993's "Guitar Player Magazine".  Crosscut Saw was really a blues-
rock band, "mixing Ramsey's Little Walter-ish harp with Kasper's rocked-
out guitar work," (from a local reviewer).  They've had a few reunions
here in Tallahassee, each one supposed to be the last, since disbanding in
l984, usually in January, and just had another 3-nighter Jan. 6-8, 1995.
	That's about it, except for one more thing...my sister was going
with a piano player who kept his piano at her place and sat in with the
band on practices.  He also played guitar and harp.  He leant me a couple
of his harps, and I would move to an adjacent room, so as not to bother
them, and learned to play by following along with their music, which, of
course, filled the house.  I came away with more than just great memories.

Till next.......
		Bobbie