cigarette smoke

yeah, just one quick question.  i've just recently started playing in front of
crowds in bars and love doing it.  it's the greatest thing knowing other people
are impressed by my playing and are actually enjoying it.  the thing is after
only a couple of nights the next day i took out my special 20 D to practice
and it smelled/tasted like i was trying to play a pack of marlboros.  anyway
i'm just curious if there's a quick fix for this or if it just fades.  even the
harps that sat in their cases all night suffered from this.
so what is the best general cleaning method for harps? (i assume not soap&water)
or do i just put up with it
this hopefully won't be detrimental to the sound of the harp, will it?
thanks, love the group
oh yeah, now for the non-harp question, i figure someone will have some help
for me on this here.  i recently bought a Sabine ST-1100 tuner and i find that
if i tune my guitar to it and then turn the tuner off and then right back on it
will usually display all af my strings as being slightly flat or sharp and all
by about the same margin.  does the tuner have that much variance or is it my
old strings? (but i don't see why they'd all go off by about the same margin if
that's the problem)
thanks again
kirk