Remember Melodicas?

Maybe I've spelled it wrong but do any of you remember an instrument called a
Melodica?  Perhaps I shouldn't write of them in the past tense but it has
been some years since I've seen them for sale.  I was remeinded of them
because a jazz pianist who passed through town recently played one on a few
numbers (at the same time he played the piano) and it sounded harp-like and
bluesey.  Are they still around?  Does anyone have experience with them?  Is
this a subject that's been beat to death on this list and I'm just coming in
late?

I'm always interested in a new way to make sound.

Jim C