Re: A Harp

| From: Steve Price <sprice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| To: Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8<

| However, I wore that Star Performer out really fast.  Do Huangs usually
| die this fast?

8<

I have found Star Performers to be great harmonicas.  I got a
twelve-pack about a year and a half ago and none are dead yet.  Their tone
was a little brighter when new but what can you expect.

Norton Buffalo plays Huangs.  He uses Silvertone and Star Performer diatonics.
I must admit that I never took to the Silvertones.  I agree that the reeds are
thinner and this makes overblows/draws harder for me.  Star Performers are
easy to dismantle too.  I have found them to be of more consistent quality than
(non-MS) Marine Bands.

Are there any metallurgists out there?  I was wondering about annealing reed
plates to restore them to new - assuming that they crystallize with use which
contributes to failure or tone change.

+R