Re: replies to sender or...(Discussion)

Jack and Rkt's fine summaries pretty much sum up how I feel about the
whole subject.  There is one other thing I would like to say though.  I
don't care if everyone on list reads at the rate of 12,000 words per
minute bandwidth is bandwidth.  All these posts get logged onto numerous
systems.  Why waste the space with unnecessary included text?  I also
think that any individuals rate of reading is not particularly germane to
this discussion.  One of the main reasons I take discussions off list is
that it's often easier to have discussions of controversial issues with
like minds rather than deal with the sometimes kneejerk attitudes I've
experienced on list.  FJM