Re: replies to sender or list?

I vote for using using common sense and the "available connectivity".
An example of both would be as follows:   Some time back I posted a request
to the list for help on hitting high notes. Mike Curtis was gracious enough
to reply to the list with some pointers and recommendations. He offered
more assistance if needed. I replied to "Mike-the-sender" with thanks,
etc. No need to bother the list with this. Having a unix mail connection it
is really easy to reply to either the list or the sender: "r" for list, "R"
for sender. A lot of good information would be lost to the list if we all
started replying to senders only. But if the majority selects sender I have
no problem abiding.

Jim