replies to sender or list?

Mike and Barry both like 'Reply To:Harp-L'.

Barry says:

> All you have to do is read your outgoing mail headers to
> keep from making these embarrassing mistakes.

Sure. If you even know there is such a thing as mail headers.
But many people on the list do not know this. Or even how to
change the reply address. In fact, novice users may well
assume responses go to the original poster.

Mike says:

> if we're going to err, I'd much rather err on the side of
> including unwanted stuff than missing out on wanted stuff.

Like it's a surprise Mike wants to include as much traffic
as possible on the list!   8^O

It's going to get noisier and noisier in cyberspace, people.
Anything we do to cut a little noise now will go a long way
later. That embot thing should be a warning.

Plus, when you really want to reply to the poster, there is
no simple way. You gotta cut/paste the reply address and it
is different every time. If reply did this automatically,
the only address you'd have to remember is Harp-L.