Re: which chromatic

>I was wondering if you could comment on the tone and loudness of the
>CX-12 in comparison to your 260 in its prime.  My guesstimate is that
>it's about 10 dB louder than any chro I've ever experienced.

Well, my 260 is so far past its prime, I don't remember how it originally
sounded. The fact is, I bought it second-hand more than 20 years ago, so I
never heard it new. Actually, it still has a fairly nice tone and loudness,
but it's uneven, the slide sticks, there's a crack in the comb (which I
repaired a long time ago with a piece of plastic and some glue), and I just
hankered for something new. I still keep it in my car to practice on. By the
way, that old 260 was the model for the title page of Cyber Harp World on
the Web -- I just added a couple of holes to make it look like a 12-holer.

Robin Chapman
chapman@xxxxxxxx