Earsplugspitchesperfectpigsnosesampsfaqs

At  7:02 PM 2/28/95 fjm aka Barry Schaede wrote:

>Harv Andruss mentioned an alternative to full custom earplugs that was
>cheaper than this type.  They are supposed to be evenly attenuated and
>are available from a musicians catalogue that I don't recall the name
>of.

Sonic II @ $9 or earWear ER-20 @ $15 are listed in Musician's Friend or
other catalogs. Don't know if they are any good, but look good on paper
("preserves natural tonal balance").

I think Craig Smoot went off the net a few months ago. Maybe he's back.

I find it ironic that David Harp would send back David Burge's tapes.  I
listened to a couple of them --  all a big psyche job.  Getting within a
semi-tone is interesting, but who's going to trust it with all the tiny
tuners you can get (or now built-in to all the rack units) -- there's
always the cellular phone.....

Pignose lookls like it stepped up to the Mouse category and has a slightly
higher power model that just came out, maybe 10 or 20 W, about twice as
much money, a few more knobs, 6" speaker, still batteries. Prospective
portable buyers ought to try both and see if the new one is any good.

I've been sending out that RGKeen Amp FAQ to some of you asking for Tom's
also. Let me know if there's a problem off-list. Technofreaks for ~tube vs.
solid state~ ought to ask B* for his rendition of "space charge" (sorry
Bruce, it was just ~so cool~).

Harv <HAAndruss@xxxxxxx> -- opinions mine
PS - Jeff Healey plays Squiers and Amp11s 20/20