Notation software

Tom asks about accompanying soft/hardware.

About this time last year this staid and solid player bought a program called
Band in a Box by PG software. (it comes bundled with a sequencer called Power
Tracks Pro)
 PG Software can be found at 75300.2750@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  The big boss man is
Peter Gannon who has always been very helpful.

The beauty of BiaB is that it is so simple to get something which is very good
in the way of accompniment, couple that with the fact that, even in the UK, the
price is only about $120 and you have a winner.  Basically, you type in a chord
sequence, up to 4 chords per bar (and as complex as you like!), choose a style
sheet, press space a couple of times and start playing.  It has all the things
you would expect like speed and transpose changes, arrangement of repeats (if
you want to spend MORE than 1 minute on an arrangement. Breaks, snaps you name
it. There are over 100 style sheets and more are produced from time to time.
There will be someone or other out there who will say 'Yes, but it doesn't ....'
quite right , there are things it doesn't  ....  But the things it does, it does
superbly well.

I mentioned a minute back there, that was all it took me to enter a 12 Bar,
choose a style and start playing.  Mahler Symphony #9 I wouldn't try with it.
House of the Rising Sun is already built in.

No, I've no connection with Peter Gannon except a high regard for a guy who has
addressed a market need elegantly and priced it so that there is little
encouragement for piracy.  ( If you are listening Peter, my bank account number
is ....)

Douglas Tate