Re: improving

Just thought I'd share what Paul Butterfield had to say. (on the speaking
language theme).
Paul Butterfield said that "One of the things that helped me in (uh) learning
to play the harmonica. Was that I realized that I could never speak the way
any other individual spoke on the harmonica. Each has their own way of saying
things and (uh) so I just went ahead and got to a point of learning the
instrument well enough that I could speak the way I wanted to speak. (Uh)
Which is really a nice thing about this instrument it's such a personal
instrument. It's (uh) it's really like (uh) a Horn from the heart or
something, you know it's (uh) it's (uh) I know a lot of players who would
learn (uh) (uh) some of the older harmonica, you know the old blues players
riffs note for note and it wouldn't make sense coming out of their
instrument. And (uh) that's what I like about the harmonica you can really,
it's really a personal thing. (Uh)you can just take some of these things that
you can learn some of these (uh)these little riffs and these lines and the
way to play maybe the way to aproach lines you learn you know with some
experience playing with some other people and getting some musical interplay.
(Uh) but it's really a personal thing. Your gonna, you know the best thing
you can do is just go for the way you want to say it, because there are no
rules, about that...."

P.A.D.