Music Score programs

I write a lot of music for the harmonica in the form of exercises and small
pieces, rarely more than 5-6 pages long.  After years of pen writing the stuff I
started to use various computer programs for all the obvious advantages.
Recently they have, of course been allied to MIDI so that you can hear what you
write, and, if you have a midi instrument, play into the program.

The problem has been that these programs are extremely expensive, $500+ in the
UK.  Another problem has been transfering the results into a DTP package for
incorporation into worksheets with explanations. (OK you can put text on the
page with the music in most packages, but I want more control) I have used
Finale, Cakewalk, Cubase at the high end and Composers pen at a lower level.
None have been satisfactory.

Recently I have found an American prog called  'PERSONAL COMPOSER' which answers
all of my needs (very nearly) at about $120. Its brilliant and the easiest I
have come across.  The firm is Personal Composer inc. 3213 West Wheeler St.
Suite 140,  SEATTLE, WA 98199.

Here are the queries.
1. Do any of you use progs for this task and if so which and how good do you
find them.  (Getting a hernia from carrying the books for Finale is not
considered a plus point for example)
2 Pretty Please, anybody in Seattle? could you find out if they have a phone
number or are on the NET.

If you would like to mail me privately, unless you think this is of general
interest, I would be grateful.

Marks out of ten for ease of use.  Finale (brilliant output) 2/10  Cubase 3/10
Cakewalk 3/10  Personal Composer 9.6/10

Many thanks

Douglas Tate

======  Now if THAT was the stave, life would be so much easier!