Re: W. Clarke's lyrics

>n message "W. Clarke's lyrics", you write:

So I put it to all you William Clarke fans.  What are the opening words to
Daddy Pinnochio, on his Groove Time CD?
>>      "I'm the man who's singing Baby"?
>>      "I'm the man yo' sending Baby"?
>>      "I'm the man yo' sinning Baby"?
>>      "I'm the man in yo' city Baby"?
>>      "I'm the man who'll send you Baby"?
>>      "I'm the Maaco City Baby?  (Naww, that doesn't make sense)

Conrad replied:

>I'm pretty sure its, "somethin...somethin, baby".  Don't quote me tho.

Conrad, I'm pretty sure you got the "baby" right!!  ;-)

What I hear is:
I'm the man you're seekin' baby,
they call me Pinnochio,
I'm the man gon' send ya baby,
they call me Pinnochio,
I got 8 or 9 pretty women...

(But I gotta agree with the other posts, if you don't like these, slur your
words just like Big Bill and let the HARP do the talkin' for ya.  Nobody
will complain!!!)

Wage Peace!!!

Gary "Indiana" Warren

What did I do to pi** you off this time baaaabyyyyyyy?....Willie Mabon

James "Superharp" Cotton
Jake and Elwood