Re: Carey Bell

>:According to KRCRANDA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>:.
>:. P.S. By the way, has anyone seen Carey Bell recently? Who is in his
current
>:. touring band? Does he put on a good show?
>:.
>:
>:I've seen him twice in the DC area in the last two years - once on
the
>:same bill as Harp-l's own Randy Lilleston and Charlie Willaims. He
>:usually plays locally with a band called Baby Jake and the Rattles.
They
>:are called Tough Luck when they play with him. Steve Jacobs is the
>:guitarist - I can't think of the other band members' names right now.
They
>:play on Bell's Blind Pig cd "Mellow Down Easy." Both times I saw him
he
>:put on a great show.
>:
>:*************
>:Steve Levine         "If you don't love the blues you must have a
>:slevine@xxxxxxxxxx    hole in your soul."

This is not the current lineup of Tough Luck.  Steve remains.  The
rhythm section of the band is from Syracuse and consists of TA James on
the bas and Tom Parker on the drums.  They are veterans of my band,
Bernie Clarke and the Rhythm Sharks.  I have seen several incarnations
of Tough Luck and they are by far the best.  I saw them a couple of
weeks ago in Syracuse at the Dinosaur BBQ.  Excellent show!

Bernie Clarke
"Don't start me to talkin', I'll tell everything I know." - SBWII