shaker mics

Well,  I have finally had the opportunity to play through a shaker mic.
I've heard so many pros and cons, i didn't know what to believe.

I was quite unimpressed with the shaker.  I found the mic to be too small
and the volume control seemed awkward and in the way.  The mic had no
bottom what so ever and was not a "hot" as my Bullet.  I had problems with
feedback all the while I was using it.

I was running it through a '58 Bassman, the shaker held absolutely no
comparison to the green bullet I was using.  This is just an opinion, but
I say save your 89.00 bucks and buy some harps.

The prices on harps just went up.  I got a new price list from Dick
Gardner lastnight.  Marine Bands,  Special 20's, and Golden Melodies all
list for 27.95.  Outrageous.  I decided to stop at the localmusic store
(guitar center)  I bought 7 new harps(G. Melodies) at 13.00 bucks a piece.
Stock up now before the stores get the increase and pass it unto you.

Also,  I have found a store (don't ask Harv, 'cause I won't tell you)that
still has Old Standbys(wood comb)  and Marine Bands in the cardboard boxes.
Does anyone think the quality of these harps is better because they are
older and probably put together by hand?  And is it possible these harps
are so old (price sticker $6.25) that the wood is all dried up and would
leak a tremedous amount of air?

Chris MIchalek