Re: high-end diatonic blues

Kim -

You had loads of useful information in your post about the "Harmonica Blues"
album, and I intend to try to find it.  With the growing numbers of reissued
works, it's aggravating to try to know where to look for recordings you may
find of interest.  I wonder if it would be possible to develop some sort of
roster of addresses for recording companies and/or distributors who produce
and sell reissued music we seek, with info pertaining to the labels, artists,
etc., which they can provide.

For instance, is Roots and Rhythm a company specializing in reissued works
by several companies or just a few like Document Records?  Some of the music
we love is often on rather obscure labels, requiring research to uncover them,
occasional clues from others like you, or plain stumbling serendipitously
onto some recorded gem.  I wish this process could be simplified somehow.

There is one aspect to acquiring old releases made new that continues to be
of concern to me, but there's probably nothing to be done about it.  It is
that I feel sure that whoever's making the bulk of the profit from selling
these records, it's not the artists nor their families.  Of course, many are
no longer around anyway, but they were fleeced by record companies when they
were alive, and their estates won't see much or any royalties today either.
I guess the consolation of it all is their music can live on for new genera-
tions, which is what the true immortality for musicians is all about anyway.

Deford Bailey's name has been added to my growing list of harpers to find
and hear, and, Kim, let us know if you learn that bird-trill from Filisko.

Till next,
....Bobbie                                         *Harp Remembered Here*